Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Joan + Johnny: The Wedding at Gum Gully Farm






" Bonfire Heart " 
by James Blunt



Your mouth is a revolver
Firing bullets on the sky
Your love is like a soldier
Loyal till you die
And I've been looking at the stars
For a long long time
I've been putting out fires
All my life


Everybody wants a flame
They don't want to get burnt
And today is our turn


Days like these lead to
Nights like this lead to
Love like ours
You light the spark in my bonfire heart
People like us 
We don't need that much
Just someone that starts
Starts the spark in our bonfire hearts









This is a little introduction about Joan:

Joan is married to Johnny
John is the father of Joan
Jenny is married to John
Jonathan is the elder brother of Joan
They are the five J's




Joan and Johnny met each other ten years ago in a foundation course in New Zealand. Surprisingly they were always attending the same classesd. Johnny was attracted by this smart girl, so he said hi, and asked for Joan's MSN but got rejected many times. At first Joan didn't like Johnny, she thought he was arrogant. Just when John was going to give up,  she finally said the last time he asked her to go out... Soon Joan discovered that Johnny is not arrogant at all, and he was given a Malay nickname, called "Botak".

I jumped for joy when Joan told me there are deers at Gum Gully Farm, where the wedding would be held. I was so excited to photograph their wedding, just because of the deers! Yes,  I got the chance to pat the deers and a two-weeks-old lamb. Happy was the wedding photographer who got to pat farm animals while she was on duty.

The scenic drive to Gum Gully Farm was mesmerising. We drove up and down the hills, passed by the Sherbrooke Forest in Mt. Dandenong, accompanied by sheep and cattles along the way. That's why I love my job, because it brings me to places to witness true love. It also brings me new friendship. 

The lunch reception was a cozy one, with two fireplaces in the barn to warm everyone up on on this Autumn wedding day. What I enjoyed the most was the live Jazz songs played by Perfect Day Music. I wish my wedding will be like this too, accompanied by my dearest and closest friends and family, and with sheep and deers too, of course.

Johnny's father's speech made us all laughed. His speech was in mandarin:" 祝你们早生贵子,白头偕老 (which means, wishing you forever happiness and have children as soon as possible)."  Then he pointed at Joan and said:" 她听不懂!!!(she doesn't understand mandarin)" Oh dear that was hilarious! I literally laughed out so loud that my voice was louder that the guests... Ooops! And I did shed a few happy tears witnessing how a father's reluctance to give her daughter away.

I have to mention the great service provided by Sue and Simon at Gum Gully Farm. Simon kindly drove us up the hill for a sunset photoshoot, and he turned on the car heater before Joan and the bridemaids hopped into the car as the day was getting colder. Sue and Simon have been really amazing in helping the wedding. It was the best service I've experienced thus far at a wedding reception. And the food catered by Yarra Valley catering was great!


I love Joan's genuine smile. She is calm, she is smart, she is confident and she is kind. We met again on Christmas Day 2015, at St Vincent Hospital Round the Ward Carolling. Joan and Johnny, thank you for your genuine hearts in serving others and always cheering others up. Thank you Shannon and Richard for the recommendation, without you, I wouldn't have met J&J the awesome couple. To Joan and "Botak", thank you for having us at your wedding day, for giving me the chance to meet the animals, and thank you for your friendship!






Date: 3rd May 2015


Wedding florist: Jess Gale. She's the owner of Sassafras Flower design

Make up and hair do artist: Anita Wu from Sassy Hair Makeup

Wedding gown: I got my ex-colleague's niece to do it for me, as it was just a simple dress. Her name is Bianca

Johnny's Suit: It was bought in Shanghai

Bridesmaid's dress: One of my bridesmaids ordered it from HongKong

Celebrant: Richard Bryant - He does marriage counselling with his wife, Christine, at PlanetShakers Church









 

















































































































































































































































































2 comments:

  1. The color and the wedding location you have chosen to get married is just wonderful. The whole view is really stunning. I also want to hire similar best event space nyc for wedding out there. It will be an intimate wedding can you suggest me something for that please.

    ReplyDelete