Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Bride & Prejudice - Rebecca's Bridal Shower at Montsalvat






02.05.2015


*


I have to say, I am extremely thankful for all the photoshoots that God has blessed me. Last weekend was just amazing! I had the chance to photograph beautiful weddings followed by this beautiful bridal shower. Felt like it was a dream when I was capturing these beautiful moments.

When Jessica (Rebecca's little sister) called me requesting about photographing Rebecca's bridal shower on last Sunday, I had to say no to Jessica because I had a farm wedding photoshoot on Sunday. And then Jessica texted me again asked me if I was free on Saturday, and she mentioned that the bridal shower theme was " Pride & Prejudice". Oh my this theme was too tempting! How could I say no? Who knows I actually have a costume dress from Jane Austen era which I bought from a second hand shop (I am a vintage dress/costume collector), and I have a book of Jane Austen printed in 1953.

The weather was incredibly good on Saturday. I ironed my light blue Jane Austen dress. After putting it on, I was afraid that it might be too much, because Jessica told me that they would not dress up so hard core. Concerning that I was just there as a photographer, but not a guest, so I changed to another white vintage cotton dress, and pinned a bow on my hair.

I couldn't believe my eyes throughout the whole photoshoot. I love Montsalvat, I love the movie "Pride & Prejudice", I love the fashion from that era, I love the horse carriage, I love how the girls dressed up, I love the decor, I love all the little details, I love everything Jessica, her mom Cheryl and her sister in law, Laura did for Rebecca! And Rebecca was looking stunning in her two pieces lace dress.

When the girls were practising the English ballroom dance, I felt like putting my cameras away and join the dance, because I have been longing to do this dance. There were happy tears in my eyes watching the dance happening in front of me. It was great to see the girls had so much at the bridal shower. Thank God I was part of it!

Dear Rebecca, Jessica, Cheryl and Laura, thank you so much for having me crashing the most beautiful bridal shower. It was so so so lovely and I can't wait to photograph Rebecca and James's wedding!































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment