Thursday, July 14, 2016

James + Bec: The Engagement



Happy belated first wedding anniversary to this two lovebirds. I finally found the chance to post their engagement photos, which was taken 1.5 years ago ...


Bec, I first talked to her was at her little sister, Jess's 21st birthday party. She was doing internship at church, and therefore she was always sitting at the front row during church services. When I was taking photos at church, I slipped past her, and took a photos of her curly hair underneath the colourful stage lights. I simply adore her beauty and her curly hair. Bec is a mix of Irish, Welsh, Scottish, German, British, Indian and Spanish... Surprisingly this beautiful girl is an adventurous and fun person, she doesn't mind climbing trees, lying on the grass and loves yellow colour. James, you are such a lucky person!

James, a person I respect a lot.  We first met in 2013 when Gary and I attended the Creative Ministry (CM) Night at our church. Back then I was still extremely shy and struggling with social anxiety, it was intimidating for me seeing most of the people who attended the CM night were mostly from the worship team. We are not in the worship team and I felt left out.  After a while, I started tearing, and pulling Gary's shirt:" I want to go home. Please go home now. Please. I'm scared..." We were not on any groups when the group leaders were calling for their members. There was James, holding a piece of paper, searching for his group members and said to us:" Come join our group." That was the first time I met James, Ally, Ruth and Tam, and they made me feel welcomed. It was a small discussion group, and the topic was about a serving heart. I clearly remember sharing this to the group: I felt upset after all the effort I put on my photos, there was only 5-10 likes on Facebook, while some people easily get 100 over likes on their selfies. Then James said:" It's not the likes that count, it's about touching the one person who saw your photos." Thanks to James, I've learnt something that night, that was truly words of wisdom that he spoke. And who would knew that two years later, my photos touched James and Bec's hearts and I was their wedding photographer!

Dear James and Bec, although we didn't have much chance getting knowing each other better, I do miss seeing you guys around at church. I want to thank you for the opportunities and trust that you have given me. I wish you a happy marriage and enjoy your time in Dubai! 







                     



































































No comments:

Post a Comment