Monday, February 22, 2016

Bride + Nathan: Maternity Photo Shoot






The first time I stepped into Bridge Church in February 2012, our senior pastor, Pastor David was greeting us at the auditorium entrance. "Welcome to church." he said. Back then I had no idea who was Pastor David, all I knew was he preached a good sermon about loving your wife, it must be a Valentine's day related sermon haha! 

I would never forget the first time I saw Pastor Bridie on the stage. I couldn't take my eyes off of her, and her beautiful beautiful long blonde hair. "What a beautiful hair she has! How can someone so pretty became a pastor?" I was a very new Christian who just migrated to Melbourne, so I assumed that pastors should be someone in their middle age. I thought in my heart:" I wish, one day I would get a chance to photograph her." 

Most friends at church thought that Wei Wei is a social butterfly, with her beautiful vintage outfits and shaved hair... But I am actually an extremely shy person, so I never approach to talk to any of the pastors, unlike Gary who loves talking to leaders.

The first time Pastor Bridie talked briefly to me was after the Christmas Spectacular in 2014, she told me that the photos we took were amazing! I just smiled and didn't know how to reply, I was feeling very shy and couldn't believe that she talked to me!

Pastor Bridie soon married to this tall policeman called Nathan. I thought they are perfect fit for each other. And now they are expecting their first baby! Wohooo! So I took up the courage and asked Pastor Bridie if she was interested in doing a maternity photo shoot with me... But as soon as I sent her the message I regretted deeply thinking that I would be embarrassing myself...

To my surprise, she said yes! Oh, she even purposely went to church to pick up a dress that I passed for her to try on. And to my greater surprise, Nathan is extremely extremely friendly too. Do not judge a man by his muscles (I thought to myself haha)! God just blessed us with a perfect weather and a golden sunset during the photoshoot! Ahhh I loved it when the wind blew Pastor Bridie's golden hair. Honestly, I've never touch a real golden hair before, except for my barbie dolls'...

The photoshoot went so well because they both trusted in me. We had a few jokes, like "restart" when I wanted them to relax with their postures. Nathan thought my name was pronounced as "Wee Wee"!

How can Pastor Bridie still looked so good even though she is pregnant? What a good set of genes she has! Jealous! I told her about my wish to photograph her, and she laughed:" Who knows it's with my big belly!"

Dear Mr and Mrs Spices, thank you so much for your precious time allowing us all to get to know each other better. And thank you so much for making my wish came true! We can't wait to see your little angel! May God bless you with a smooth delivery of the baby, happiness and health! And thank you so being such good leaders :)






                 ♥



















































































































No comments:

Post a Comment