Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Gemma






31.10.2015






Little Gemma just turned one. Isn't she too adorable? 




The first time I met Karen and Eswar was in Winter 2013 to discuss about the details of photographing their wedding in Summer 2014. We still remember something that I prophesied at the meeting:" I am sure you will have beautiful mixed babies! Can I please photograph your baby one day?" Karen and Eswar just smiled, at that time they were not planning to have a baby soon.

Yup, my wish came true! Spring 2015, I finally got the chance to meet Gemma. She melts my heart. She loves to smile and she has many funny expressions that make us laugh. I love how easy going Karen and Eswar are, they are not the fussy type of parents. The photoshoot was on a chilly Spring morning, the grass was still wet, but Karen said to Gemma:" Gemma you are going to wet your feet but that's alright." That's what I learnt from them: to explain and to educate children with patience, not just giving commands. 

Gemma is at the age where she feels surprised over everything, she would made a surprised expression:" OOOOO..." She also likes to sense things with her fingers and mouth. She puts her fingers into Karen and Eswar's mouths, she feels the grass, she puts the flowers into her mouth, and she plays with Karen's hair. It was so much fun to watch how Karen jumped around behind of me trying to grab Gemma's attention. I think that's her secret for not gaining weight after she gave birth to Gemma.

When we put Gemma on the wet grass, she tried her best to lift her feet up so that they were not touching the wet grass. Then she looked at her parents with a surprised face:" Ooooo, what should I do now?" 

Gemma gave her first in everything for her parents:
Her first cry
Her first poo
Her first smile
Her first kiss
Her first step
Her first run

And Karen and Eswar gave all they have for Gemma too. Dear Gemma, I know you before you were born. Thank you for making my day by giving me your precious smile and for playing with me. May God bless you with good health and a happy life. Thank you again to Karen and Eswar, for giving me the chance to photograph little Gemma. 

























































No comments:

Post a Comment